Tuesday, December 10, 2013

the reception.

I finally got my wedding pictures!! They sure were worth the wait. I had planned on sharing the ceremony pictures first, but when I saw these babies below I almost screamed of joy and couldn't help myself. My wedding was at a local park where you can rent the place and have private events. It sits on a lake and is nestled in the woods. It was very inexpensive and exactly what I wanted. The morning of we did all the flowers and had to set up the whole venue (the only downside of not renting a wedding venue). By the time I had to leave for my hair appointment the whole reception still needed to be set up! I gave the groomsmen very specific description of what it needed to look like. When I arrived back for the first look, I was so nervous. But oh my word, I almost cried. It was exactly how I envisioned it!







For the reception I knew I wanted long tables rather than the traditional circular ones. I felt they gave it  more of a backyard feel, and that was what I was going for. For the flowers I chose wild flowers. I said if they looked like weeds the better. They turned out pretty spectacular. We used over a 100 mason jars!




One of my favorite parts of my wedding was my pie table. I didn't want want a traditional wedding cake or cupcakes. My husband loves pie, me, not so much. But once I saw this table, I knew I made the  right choice. Its all about this looks, right?