Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY Shampoo & Conditioner


I have been talking about making my own shampoo for a long time now. This past weekend I finally did it, and you should too! Do you realize all those chemicals you are putting in your hair?
I have only used it for two days and so far so good. I did a little research and came up with my own recipe. I'm going to see how this goes for a few weeks, I might have to adjust a few of the ingredients a little depending how my hair likes it. I also made a conditioner rinse. I have found this really helps as a detangler. The smell of apple cider vinegar doesn't bother me, it might you, but it is really good for your hair. So suck it up. 

shampoo
1/4 cup coconut
1/3 cup Castile oil (I used this)
1/4 Tsp. baking soda
1/4 Tsp. vitamin E
1/2 Tsp. Apple cider vinegar
20 drops of tea tree


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bottle and shake! Easy as that. 

*because of the coconut milk you probably don't want to make more than this amount, in case it will spoil. 

conditioner
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar 

Directions: 
Combine in a bottle and shake! 


*I also made dry shampoo, I still need to test it out before I put the recipe on here. 

No comments: